Margarita Ibrahimoff, known as Rita Wilson, is an American actress, singer, songwriter and producer. Her films include Volunteers (1985), Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Occasional (1995), Jingle All the way (1996), The Story of Us (1999), Escaped Bride (1999), It’s Complicated (2009), she starred in The Good Wife and Girls. Wilson has appeared on Broadway and has directed several films, including My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002). As a singer-songwriter, Wilson has released albums by AM/FM, Rita Wilson, Bigger Picture and Halfway to Home.
In March 2019 she won a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Beginning of life
Rita Wilson was born and raised as Margarita Ibrahimoff in Hollywood, California. His mother, Dorothea, was Greek and grew up in Sotyre near Dropulla and Siepera in Albania, near the border with Greece. His father, Hasan Chalilov Ibrahimov (1920-2009), was a Bulgarian Muslim (Pomak), born in Oraio (Breusten), Greece, near the border with Bulgaria. His father’s family moved to Bulgaria when he was still a child. In 1949 he left Bulgaria for the United States. After his marriage he converted from Islam to orthodox Christianity and changed his name in 1960 to Allan Wilson, choosing a name based on a local street. Rita grew up in the Greek Orthodox faith. In addition to Bulgarian, her father spoke Russian, Turkish, Polish, Greek, Italian and French, according to Rita’s husband, Tom Hanks, who said he based his character of Viktor Navorski in the film Terminal on his father-in-law.
Rita Wilson’s Privacy
Wilson married actor Tom Hanks in 1988 and they have two sons, Chester and Truman. Wilson has two foster children, Colin and Elizabeth Hanks. Wilson has a grandson and two stepchildren.
She’s a member of the Greek Orthodox Church.
In April 2015, Wilson announced that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and had undergone a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. After a break of a month she returned to the Larry David Fish Show on Dark Broadway.
On the 12th. In his profile on Instagram in March 2020, Hanks announced that the couple had contracted Covid-19 and showed mild symptoms during the shooting of the upcoming film Elvis (as Colonel Tom Parker) with director Basel Lourmann in Australia. You are admitted to the University Hospital of the Gold Coast.
- I never wanted to be a big star. I just want to keep working.
- Awareness gives strength.
- You must want to be married to the person you’re married to.
- A live concert really inspires me. Give me the stage, give me the mike, and I’ll be happy.
- The Greek side of my personality loves good food, laughter and noisy discussions.
- I’m not trying to prove anything.
- My mother is Greek and my father is Bulgarian. I’m a first generation American, born in Los Angeles. I was born and raised in Hollywood.
- I’d go to school and I’d be American, then I’d come home and become Greek.
- I’ve always wanted to sing. I didn’t know how to do it. I didn’t know how to blackmail you.
- As a woman, I think women always look good.
- I played so many mothers, best friends, sisters and understanding people.
More information : Wiki | IMDb | FB | Twitter | IG
These peoplesamantha lewes,rita wilson sleepless in seattle,rita wilson – throw me a party,elizabeth ann hanks age,colin hanks mom,chet hanks,rita wilson children,colin hanks age,how old is megan mullally,rita wilson movies,rita wilson net worth,rita wilson age,rita wilson wiki,tom hanks,rita wilson height